The Khmer Empire- known as ancient Cambodia was the most powerful Empire in Southeast Asia.
The Angkor as the central area of settlement of the Kingdom of Khmer from the 9th to the 13th centuries. Which was the symbol of the ancient civilization of Khmer people and also revealed as the largest pre-industrial urban center in the world.
The Khmer Empire Marathon will offer an exceptional opportunity for all runners around the world to experience the ancient course in the area of World heritage through nearly 40 ancient temples along the pretty smooth road race which almost cut through the national forest and rice field of villagers.
The 5th Khmer Empire Marathon has happened on 05 August 2018 with more than 3,500 runners from 49 countries, the 6th Khmer Empire Marathon will be hold on 04 August 2019 in the ancient city of Angkor Empire State of the last 11th century with expected over 4,000 runners. the runners of this race have got the unique experience with the ancient atmosphere and natural scenery along the road race through forest rice fields , traditional villages and ancients temples in the heart of Angkor Era.
The Cambodian Events Organizer team with national and international organizations would like to invite all professional and amateur runners around the world come to participate this exceptional marathon event to show the ultimate friendship and kind support to disabled people and poor children in Cambodia.
We are waiting for offering you all the most warmly welcome and the best arrangement for your beautiful race in the area of ancient Khmer Civilization.
Best wishes to all lovely runners!
|Categories|| Flag Off Time
|10KM||05:45AM||1 Hours 30 Minutes|
Date : 2nd August 2019 | 3rd August 2019
Time : 09:00AM to 06:00PM | 09:00AM to 08:00PM (Cambodia time)
Venue : Apsara Angkor Resort& Conference
ACCESS TO RUNNING COURSE:
1. From the Siem Reap town to the Angkor Wat temple (start point) around 6KM. It takes 20 minutes by Motor Remoque (Tuk Tuk) and 15minutes by Taxi or Bus. All participants of Khmer Empire Marathon must arrive the event place at least 30minutes before the starting time.
BENEFITS FOR ALL RUNNERS:
KEM committee will provide Finisher-Medal for 42Km, 21km & 10km for completed runners at Finishing area, and Running Certificate for 3km completed runners after the race. Free Foods & drinks will be served at the Finish Area.
REFRESHMENTS& OTHER SET UP ALONG THE COURSE:
1. Every 2km the water station is set up for delivering water and electrolyte drinks to all runners. Some water stations also serve banana together with drinks.
2. Check point for the Bib tag timing was set up at Angkor Thom (for 42KM at west of Banteay Samre) and near Angkor Wat area.
3. Every distance of 1KM or 2KM on the running course will be marked by a sign board on the right side of the road.
The records will be posted in the Cambodia Events Organizer website 1 day after the event.
Khmer Empire Full Marathon is a flat course with an ancient tree along the course. There are around 17 ancient temples along the course. The runners can enjoy taking photos during running. It is a unique course inside the world heritage area.
* Minority who participate in Kids race need the guardian’s signature on the Waver Clause at the final confirmation site (Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference)
If you couldn’t come to pick up your race pack during final confirmation date, you should make a letter attached with your confirmation sheet pass it to your relation so they could pick up instead of you.
CUT OFF TIME:
42KM = 6hrs | 21KM = 3hrs | 10KM = 1hr 30min | 3KM = 45 min
All participants should arrive at the start and finish line at least 30mn before the start time.
Onsite registration is based on our availability with limited spaces at Race Kit exposition which located Apsara Angkor Resort between on 02 - 03 August, 2019 @9:00am-6:00pm.
Address: Aspara Angkor Resort& Conference, National Road 06, Airport Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Contact: 015 213 525 / 069 213 525 / 016 253 521