Miri Marathon 2019
It’s been many years ago since Miri had its last marathon event which was organized by Holiday Inn. In Year 2015, Bulatan Park Runners’ Club had taken the initiative by organizing Miri Charity Run 2015 and since then it had lighted the spark of running events in Miri. There are events normally covering the race distance around 10km with each event participant might range from 500 pax up to 2000 pax!
In 2016, Imperial Run had offered runners the distance of Half Marathon (21km), 10km and 5km. The participants were from West Malaysia, Sabah & Sarawak, foreign runners from Brunei, Singapore, Germany, South Africa, UK, US and etc. The event attracted more than 10 Kenyan to come over and compete. Imperial Run is the first ever event in Miri that introduced the utility of Mylaps Timing System, which enabled the accuracy of timing up to second. Then the systems were used for Miri City Day Half Marathon.
In 2017, Miri Marathon was successfully organized by Miri Marathon Association, a non-government organization (NGO) that taking interest in marathon events specifically in Miri. In fact, Miri Marathon is one of the Great Borneo Series (GBS) held alongside Kuching Marathon and Borneo International Marathon.
Undeniably, the running community in Miri is growing exponentially! Miri has a strategic location to conduct a long distance run with scenic view along the route. The route of 42km will bring participants to pass through the city centre, sea view, villages and etc. We strive to achieve better organized event with more systematic management.
The objectives of Miri Marathon are:
- Promote running lifestyle in Miri community
- Elevate healthy consciousness
- Discover hidden potential among youth in running sports
- Running Vest (Male/Female)
- Finisher T-shirt (42KM & 21KM)
- Finisher Medal
Participants for all categories are entitled to one running vest (male/female).
Full marathon (42.195KM) and half marathon (21.1KM) finishers are entitled to finisher T-shirt.
Designs will be released soon, stay tuned.
|Category||Age||Price||Distance||Flag-off time||Cut-off time|
|42KM Men Open||18 years old - 39 years old||109||42.195KM||02:00AM||7 hours|
|42KM Women Open||18 years old - 39 years old||109||42.195KM||02:00AM||7 hours|
|42KM Men Veteran||40 years old and above||109||42.195KM||02:00AM||7 hours|
|42KM Women Veteran||40 years old and above||109||42.195KM||02:00AM||7 hours|
|42KM Men National||18 years old and above||109||42.195KM||02:00AM||7 hours|
|42KM Women National||18 years old and above||109||42.195KM||02:00AM||7 hours|
|21KM Men Open||16 years old - 39 years old||80||21.1KM||05:00AM||4 hours|
|21Km Women Open||16 years old - 39 years old||80||21.1KM||05:00AM||4 hours|
|21KM Men Veteran||40 years old and above||80||21.1KM||05:00AM||4 hours|
|21KM Women Veteran||40 years old and above||80||21.1KM||05:00AM||4 hours|
|10KM Men Open||10 years old and above||70||10KM||06:00AM||2 hours|
|10KM Women Open||10 years old and above||70||10KM||06:00AM||2 hours|
|Prices listed above are final. No further processing fee will be charged.|
Date: 14th March 2019 | 15th March 2019 | 16th March 2019
Time: 11am to 6pm
Venue: Miri Indoor Stadium
1. There is no delivery services at the moment.
2. Participants may collect their race kit during Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC).
3. In case, participants are not able to collect their race kit on the above mentioned date and time, they are encouraged to send their friends/relatives to collect it on their behalf. An authorization letter is needed and download it here.
4. In worst scenario, participants do not have any friend/relative, please write an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, inform us that they are not able to make it in time to collect their race kit; we will help to figure it out together with the participants.
5. There is no refund once registered in Miri Marathon 2018, however, there is ONLY one exception as followed:
(a) Upgrade of previously registered category, from lower distance to higher distance. Terms and Condition (T&C) applied.
Medal design and T-shirt/vest design will be released soon.